Friends of the 26-year-old man who was allegedly stabbed in the chest in a shocking 90-second pub fight have shared their heartbreak over his sudden death.

Emergency services rushed to RQ’s tavern in Robina, on the Gold Coast, about 10.15pm on Thursday after reports a man had been stabbed.

The young man was rushed to hospital suffering from a one-inch wide stab wound to the chest, but would die in hospital within the hour.

The 26-year-old Nerang local, Dylan McPadden, has since been identified as the victim.

Just days before the attack, Mr McPadden had written on social media about how content he was in what would turn out to be his tragic last post.

“Yesss, today feels like a day to dance,” he wrote to Facebook.

His friends have flooded social media with tributes, sharing their disbelief that his life ended in such a violent way.

“He was such a unique person, curious, open and friendly …,” a friend wrote in a post to Facebook.

“I saw no evidence – far from it, of someone with violent impulses … such a pointless loss.”

“The sweetest nicest guy who did not deserve this at all!,” another wrote.

“My heart breaks. If anyone has ever gotten the chance to meet Dylan in his short life, you would know he was the funniest, happiest person that could instantly light up a room,” a third friend said.

Police provide timeline on alleged murder

Detective Acting Inspector Mark Proctor said on Friday morning the incident unfolded within about 90 seconds, with the alleged offender arriving at the tavern only moments before.

“The male has arrived at the tavern, in the company of a female, and an argument has commenced,” he said.“ He has produced a knife and stabbed the person once in the chest,” Proctor claimed.

He further alleged that “punches were thrown” before the knife was pulled out.

Police believe the alleged offender is understood to have fled the scene in a red Nissan Navara ute, still armed with a knife, and in the company of the woman who police understand to be his girlfriend.

As it was close to closing time, police said there were very few witnesses, but the alleged victim had been having a drink with a couple of friends.

“Obviously, they are traumatised,” Detective Proctor said.

Staff at the tavern helped to treat the man while waiting for paramedics to arrive.

Emergency services found the injured 26-year-old Nerang man suffering from a one-inch wide stab wound to the chest.

He was transported to the Gold Coast University Hospital however, he died later that night at about 11pm.

Investigations led police to a Mermaid Beach motel where they took a 26-year-old man into custody shortly after 2am.

He has since been charged with murder.

“It’s too easy to lose your life over something that may have just been a minor altercation until someone produces a knife” Detective Proctor said.

“That’s what knife crime does, it wrecks lives and it will wreck the suspects life as well.”

Police seized multiple knives from the property and they will be forensically examined to determine if they were used in the alleged incident.

Detective Proctor said the knives were the kind one would expect to find in a motel room.

It is understood the man is known to police and does not reside at a fixed address.

It is not yet known if the alleged offender and victim were known to each other before the fatal incident but all three people at the scene are local to the area.

Detective Proctor said the couple had checked into the motel room earlier that day.

The woman has been assisting police with their inquiries.

Investigators are hoping to speak to any witnesses and anyone in possession of video footage or dashcam of the area surrounding the incident.

The 26-year-old man is due to face Southport Magistrates Court on Saturday.


Source link

By Rahul

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *