A 55-year-old man has been arrested in Sydney’s Inner West and charged with 21 child abuse and drug offences, after police investigated the alleged sexual assault of two teenagers.
Back in June 2022, detectives from the Sydney City Police Area Command opened an investigation into the alleged sexual assault of two teenagers.
According to police, the two 15-year-olds — a girl and a boy — had been approached by a man at a fast-food joint on George Street, Broadway on April 21, 2021.
The pair later went to the man’s residence in Ultimo, where they were allegedly sexually assaulted. The teenage boy was allegedly assaulted a second time in another incident later in 2021.
Neither of the teens had known the man before the alleged incident occurred.
After a large-scale investigation conducted by officers under Strike Force Gibbon, a search warrant was executed at a home on Mitchell Street, Glebe on Wednesday morning.
Police had seized a number of electronic devices and prohibited drugs during the search. Officers arrested the home’s occupant and he was taken to Day Street Police Station, charging him with 21 offences, which include:
• Three counts of aggravated sexual act – child between 10 years & 16 years
• Nine counts of aggravated sexual intercourse with child
• Four counts of incite sexual touching – child between 10 years & 16 years
• Two counts of procure child over 14 years & under 16 years for sexual activity
• Two counts of possess prohibited drug
• Commercial supply of prohibited drug (LSD)
The man was refused bail to appear before Downing Centre Local Court on Thursday.